Saturday, March 28, 2009

Cool Names For Mmorpg Games

First exit Scarponradio

That today could be an output of Scarponradio "Winter Edition" because of the snow that covered the fields and also for abundant the climate decidedly winter fog and rain that sometimes turn into sleet , instead it was the first release team 59più20 " Scarponradio for the" summer " output in the "engine".

The occasion for the release was a test of the VHF antenna, which is scheduled for some time and postponed for various reasons. Also this time there have been unexpected and so finally went on the field only IN3RXG.
IN3RYE had other commitments in Merano IN3EBJ had family commitments and can not be delayed.

The site chosen by mutual agreement had already been used on other occasions, located near the Leadneralm between Meltina and Verano, about 1500 meters high, 45 min. from Bolzano.
From Bolzano Terlano to take the road (or the "old" state or the new output Terlano MEBO). A few hundred meters before the village of Terlano on the right side and the road to Meltina Verano. Reset odometer and go up to 21.6 km in the direction Verano, passing through small villages in South Tyrol, including the same Meltina. At this point we take the road that goes right towards Leadner Alm and climb for another 2.4 km. a narrow and sometimes steep road that passes through the woods. At the junction we can go left at Leadner Alm (a few hundred meters) and position in the stand. Unfortunately on this occasion was closed for snow, and so I went on the road just traveled, finding a clearing shortly after.
Party in Bolzano with 11 degrees, here I welcome the cold wind that keeps the ambient temperature around to 2-3 degrees. Drizzle and low cloud cover at times go around the forest and sparse buildings.
giaccavento Worn jersey and kick in the head and a warm fleece hat I am going to mount the antenna for 2 meters, a Tuna 9 elements. By tightening the wing nuts and bolts I also regret not having brought my gloves and I think about how I would be well at home under the duvet. At the very end and fixed mount the antenna on a telescopic pole which then tie to a fence with a pair of rubber bands, placing it toward the south.

date back in the car and turn the heating while I connect the antenna to the SWR meter and this all'857. I try to see that the low power ros are a bit 'high, so return outside to move the "bazooka" of an inch. Return and re-verification. In a few test to reach a 1:1 red and met back in the car (already pretty hot), and removed the giaccavento, I began to make some calls on 144,300 MHz, bringing the power to 50W. I answered a I5A?, But can not figure out the name completely. It looks like a sudden drop of propagation, but then I realize that the wind has rotated the antenna to the west. Giaccavento wear again and go back to fine tune the pole that supports the antenna. Nothing to do. The wind is blowing very strong and continuing westward to turn the antenna. After
a few attempts I give up and decide to try to make some calls in HF, for not doing anything for the exit.
Quick removal of Tuna, while starts to get a bit 'of snow, which turns into water after ten minutes. I put the antenna in the trunk removed (fortunately has a system for quick removal) and extract the fishing rod that I was together with numerous castles to the activation of the DCI.
raises 10 meters of electrical wire whips from 1.5. The task is made difficult by the wind that more than once I literally rip the rod from his hands. On these occasions I miss the aid of my wife!
the end decide not to use the media sottoruota where usually I put the barrel (see description on website ARI BZ), but to fix the barrel to the fence. The 4:1 balun connected to the wire that has a ferrite IN3RYV and then 15 meters Belden H155 as power. Pass the cable through a crack in the window and I connect the tuner LDG Z11.

While I'm preparing to make your first call, IN3EBJ (my wife Paola) calls me on the relay R7 to know how it goes. A few bars and then start turning the wheel of the frequency on 40 meters. There is an ongoing contest, so it should not be difficult to make any connection. I have a little 'problem with the tuner: I always leave red high. After some testing I realize that for some strange reason it was set to "manual". The switches on automatically and immediately plunging and red signals become more powerful. Now car is pretty hot and so turn off the engine, so that the battery is used to transmit independent and so I have no fear of being on foot.
Small break for a sandwich and a few photos and then resume the call, while the windows of the car fog up. In an hour I
14 links, taking advantage to make some test on other bands. For 20 meters I should change and set the 9:1 balun, but I do not want to go back to the cold and so I limit myself to 20 yards on a link to a Frenchman and the other on 40 meters.

Around 13 (winter time, although he has not seen the sun!) Start to take apart and, after calling IN3EBJ for the classic "throw the dough" are of course a little 'how things had gone, return to the valley . Within minutes the outside temperature begins to rise and when I arrive at the junction with the highway coming from Meran outside temperature is 13 degrees.


Ends up this first issue. A "paltry" booty for a morning, but I made inquiries that interested me with the directive to 2 meters (Also in anticipation of the contest after Easter).

Adventure Team "59più20" began after Easter and we hope that the best climate that we can do some activities together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment